A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How to request form E from his solicitor

  • missguided
  • missguided's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
18 Jul 12 #344000 by missguided
Topic started by missguided
Hi All

A quick overview, my stbx has just received my Petition, so hopefully when he has finished being petty about it we will be heading for a Nisi and my attention turns to finances. I have used wiki service for Petition.

I have just got off phone to a local solicitor as i know i need advice on what i should be requesting financially. She was lovely (and very surprisingly) suggested that i try to only see her as little as possible due to cost, so she has suggested i request form E from his solicitor and when i have information (and happy correct) i then go to her.

My question is simple, how do i request this from his solicitor without making myself come across like a clueless idiot.
I am aware that my husband will request this from me also which is fine.


  • revenge
  • revenge's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
19 Jul 12 #344132 by revenge
Reply from revenge
Good question I''d like to know that myself! Then l can go ahead myself.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jul 12 #344145 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The purpose of the form E is to lay the parties'' information out in the same manner so you can perform a side-by-side comparison.

The form E is required by the court when proceedings are issued but the form is beneficial to people even when proceedings are not issued in order that the comparison can still be made.

Your best bet is to ask that Forms E be exchanged informally to allow the comparison to be made to narrow the issues without the need to issue proceedings as you wish to settle the matter fairly and amicably.

When parties agree to this step they do not usually swear the document but a signature is usual to at least confirm the document to be accurate.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11