A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent order

  • minxy1912
  • minxy1912's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
12 Aug 12 #348943 by minxy1912
Topic started by minxy1912
I have no choice but to represent myself, where do i start for taking the ex to court for a Consent Order?

  • SilverFir
  • SilverFir's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Aug 12 #348945 by SilverFir
Reply from SilverFir
I think we''ll need more information to answer that ...

Do you mean that you need a Consent Order, or that your Ex has breached an existing one?

If you mean that you need one, are you already divorced or are divorce proceedings ongoing? Have you discussed and agreed a financial settlement with your Ex (so you just need a consent order drafting) or do you need to go through financial proceedings to reach one?

Until the more knowledgeable team members come along, I''d suggest you start reading here: www.wikivorce.com/divorce/Step-By-Step-G...de/Introduction.html

  • minxy1912
  • minxy1912's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
12 Aug 12 #348946 by minxy1912
Reply from minxy1912
sorry,ive been devorced since march. i have put in preposals to his solisitor about finance,ive sugeted that he take his name off the deeds off both proptites as hes going bankrupt and i dont want my name damaging or the childrens future. He want the rentel propertie,which is fine by me aslong as my name is taken off the morgae which he cant do. so because he going bankrupt i need to get it to court asap but dont no where to start.x

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
12 Aug 12 #348948 by dukey
Reply from dukey
People can only have a consent order when they have an agreement and you don`t, when this happens the only option is to use court, which can take an age and cost a fortune if using lawyers.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Aug 12 #348953 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
Minxy see if you can get yourself a appointment with a family solicitor, many offer a free initial consultation. Your really do need some legal advice asap.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.