A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Serving Court Papers

  • freeagain2011
  • freeagain2011's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Oct 12 #360451 by freeagain2011
Topic started by freeagain2011
Well, today I finally made the trip to the family court and issued Form-A against my ex. First hearing is set for end of Jan, almost two years to the day since I was forced to leave the FMH. The end is nigh...

My question: I am self repping - Do I serve both copies of the notice to my ex''s sol? And do I need to produce a covering letter? I guess registered post too?


  • Serendipity100
  • Serendipity100's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Oct 12 #362237 by Serendipity100
Reply from Serendipity100
So FA in AR is in Jan. Don''t get how you have you got a date if only just submitted Form A ''today''. Maybe I misread, but the court will inform your ex''s sol of hearing. As etiquette dictates under Practice Directions, pretty good idea to advise other party''s sol as well. Hope this helps.

  • freeagain2011
  • freeagain2011's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
22 Oct 12 #362367 by freeagain2011
Reply from freeagain2011
I submitted form-a in person at the court and they came back with an date for first appt on the spot. I was impressed too!

Served the papers to her sol via registered post. She is also now self repping but has not informed the court!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.