A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

should i accept maintenance?

  • SerieA
  • SerieA's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
07 Jan 08 #10156 by SerieA
Topic started by SerieA
Hi, after my post and the advice that i received last week i am still waiting to hear back from solicitor since thursday with regards to extb secretly not paying mortgage, shouldn't this be a urgent matter for her? Managed to speak to mortgage provider about the situation and explained that we are in the process of divorce, child and myself living in FMH, can't afford to take on payments myself etc. they advised me to get legal advice as they can't discuss the account with me but not to worry too much as the whole process of repossession takes a while to happen. Extb announced on friday that he is going to continue not paying mortgage but will offer to now pay some maintenance at the end of the month as CSA have contacted him again and he should have some idea of what he can afford to contribute. Should i accept this even though i haven't heard anything from the CSA and he isn't providing a roof over his child's head (which was the original agreement until financial situation is sorted)? When i asked why he hadn't offered any maintenance, knowing that i was struggling financially, when he knew he hadn't paid it and his argument has always been that as he pays the mortgage, he shouldn't have to pay anything else, i was met with silence. (What a tosser!) When then asked why his son had to wait until end of month as mortgate hasn't been paid since august his reply was that he has spent it on setting up his new home with floosie! (do i believe him hell no!!)what all £4,000? he was able to take his sister/brother in law, niece, son and floosie all out to a fancy restaurant over the weekend :laugh:Anyway I'm counting to ten and breathing deeply!

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Jan 08 #10164 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Seek interim maintenance (which can be enforced) asap so you can pay bills -as CSA applied for the order will say you have to give credit pound for pound against the CSA assessment
"spent it on setting up his new home with floosie" -outrageous- if you have to go to court you will no doubt get details of her financial position and why she cannot contribute to him

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.