A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

divorce can he do that

  • megan
  • megan's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jan 08 #10268 by megan
Topic started by megan
After over 30 years together my husband left me 6wks ago as he is having an affair and totaly loved up.
I saw a sol who said I should divorce him for adultery but as I was in shock should leave it untill i felt ready to go ahead.
i have just been told by a friend that he has seen a solicitor and is going to divorce me for unreasonable behaviour. I'm sure i have been unreasonable at some point over 30years but we were mostly very happy. How can he do this?

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Jan 08 #10269 by Angel557
Reply from Angel557
My friend had this done to her he cheated on her twice different women, left her and the 2 kids then divorced her on the grounds of UB and some of the reason's were really petty .She let him do it as she was just glad to get him out of her life after what he had done to her.

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jan 08 #10281 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Yes he can do this. My wife divorced me on UB although it was her that had the affair. I wanted her to pay so I let it proceed. But it was my job to make the reasons up. I was glad to be out of it and to be honest it dont matter who does what. As long as it happens. There is no moral high ground in divorce. Its all failure and cost. The most important thing is to get it done. If you can get that pettion signed and returned you have cracked it. Chris

  • ToxieDogg
  • ToxieDogg's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 Jan 08 #10288 by ToxieDogg
Reply from ToxieDogg
I can echo what Chris has said, my wife is divorcing me for unreasonable behaviour (playing on my games consoles too much) whilst she's been having an affair too. I also gave her the reason after a lengthy discussion that we had about each other's faults, but my situation differs slightly in that I didn't find out about she'd been seeing someone else until literally a week after I'd signed the agreement to her petition and sent it back :angry:

But in the same way I've too let it proceed because she's paying for it and I just want her out of my life ASAP....we haven't got any kids fortunately. Although I'm not tremendously happy about the situation and would much rather see her having to shoulder the blame for her actions, the fact of the matter is that the divorce is going to happen anyway and the guilty party (her) is paying for it so the outcome will be the same either way.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.