I`m petitioning for UB and I`ve got a lot of grounds, I`d told stbx that I was going to keep it tame as I bear no hatred or malice (however that changes on a daily basis lol). I want to put sufficient down so that I am granted the divorce but not enough that in the years to come should my child stumble across the paperwork she feels badly towards her dad. I`ve read the notes and it`s asking for specifics and dates etc, can anyone help regarding this please?
Give the example of UB and add a couple of examples eg
The R causes the P embarrassment:
-In Oct 2007 was unreasonably rude (calling her "a moose") to the P friend and as a result she no longer calls
-In Dec 2007 attended the P work Xmas dinner and was morose ignoring much of the conversation
So give three/four types of UB with an example or two.
Regular ones -non communication -long periods of silence
Selfish -spends too much time on computer/playing games/sport
Prefers male company to that of P
P treated like a housekeeper
Lack of interest of an intimate nature etc
Not helping with chores etc
I made all my UB reasons up for my ex. She no reasons. And seeing as I was tasked to produce the reasons I just used opposites.
* Came home late every night and failed to do homework with the kids. (Was realy home at 5:15 everynight and helped kids with homework)
* Never looked after the kids was out all the time. (She used to spend weekends with BF and sometimes took the kids)
* Work never done in the house. Never decorated. (She lives in a show home. It was extended and rebuilt over a period of 8 years. A chrome and glass palace)
* Was away most weekends in hotels spending the wages on women and wine. (I was always working on her "Palace")
* Never showed wife love and affection. (She had a 12 year honeymoon)
* Never showed kids any affection. (I loved those kids more than life and they betrayed me)
* Never went on holidays. (We had 3 holidays a year)
Kids were stepkids btw. All totaly made up and thats total opposite of what I was like.
Funny thing was that this went straight thru and judge didnt bat an eyelid. Funny to think that I made them up. But she did use one against me on her form E. She mentioned that the kitchen and downstairs shower room (wet room) had to be retiled!!!! The kitchen was completed in 2003 and the shower room was completed in 2005. Amazing.
IMO you can use anything you like and it dont need to be loads.
thanks for the replies guys, haven`t been seperated for two years unfortunately. I drafted the reasons at the weekend and emailed them to him, with hindsight don`t think they were mild enough lol! He had the option of changing them to something more pleasing yet chose to amend only one bit so there you go, hope to submit in a couple of weeks after sols have given it the once over.