A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I want to buy him out

  • stressedandsad
  • stressedandsad's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Jan 08 #10504 by stressedandsad
Topic started by stressedandsad
I want to buy my lying cheating husband out of the house - he can take his money and get out of my life as far as I am concerned, unfortunately he does not see it this way. He is adament I will never get the house. He seem s to think I will be getting something for nothing. Not the fact it his fault I filed for divorce but I am happy to go 50/50. I am just in a position to buy him out. It is also becasue he has never done anything in the 5 yrs we have lived there and I have had such plans and he never gave a monkeys.
Can anyone give me any advice?

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jan 08 #10530 by gone1
Reply from gone1
If you can afford to by him out and thats what you want it can be made as an offer during ancilory relief proceedings. If you are happy to give him 50 / 50 there is nothing wrong with that. But ask your solicitor if this is the right thing for you. It may be best for you to sell up and split the equity. Children also complicate matters. When children are involved the split goes in favour of the PWC. Chris

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.