A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I want to buy him out

  • stressedandsad
  • stressedandsad's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Jan 08 #10505 by stressedandsad
Topic started by stressedandsad
I want to buy my lying cheating husband out of the house - he can take his money and get out of my life as far as I am concerned, unfortunately he does not see it this way. He is adament I will never get the house. He seem s to think I will be getting something for nothing. Not the fact it his fault I filed for divorce but I am happy to go 50/50. I am just in a position to buy him out. It is also becasue he has never done anything in the 5 yrs we have lived there and I have had such plans and he never gave a monkeys.
Can anyone give me any advice?

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jan 08 #10511 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
Need a lot more info,

how long married/living together?
Any children under 18?
Each ones current earnings or capacity to earn
Courts take a lot into account
Don't settle out of court, it could be a nightmare later

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
12 Jan 08 #10512 by Elle
Reply from Elle
We are in opposite positions re who wants the fh, but this may help.....
You can apply to the Court for transfer of title,..... allegedly this entails acceptance from the lender, your ability to buy x out and finance the fh and x's agreeing to this......I say allegedly as my x alleges he is in your position but has had over a years continuances to do this but as yet has never approached the lender....that however is because he cant afford to....in your case u can....so good luck

  • stressedandsad
  • stressedandsad's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
12 Jan 08 #10517 by stressedandsad
Reply from stressedandsad
We have been married 2 1/2 yrs, no children. I am in a steady full time job with long term security. He is temporary at the moment having lost his job through his own fault, so his is shaky.
We are both in 30's.
Does this make any difference?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.