A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent ?

  • bluegirl60
  • bluegirl60's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
12 Jan 08 #10539 by bluegirl60
Topic started by bluegirl60
:unsure:what is a consent to seperate form? i have just seperated neither of us wants a long exspensive seperation aND DIVORCE if we both agree on sharing everthing can we do this I am a woman what do we need to do?HELP

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Jan 08 #10544 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
I have never heard of a consent to separate form ! It is possible to have a Separation Agreement, and the parties might want that for a number of reasons ; they might want a trial separation; they may want to live apart and divorce by consent after two years; the parties may have religious objections to divorce; and so on. But if both of you want a divorce, and one of you has grounds for it, then I agree,a separation agreement is just additional and unnecessary expense.

If you are agreed as to how your finances are to be split, it is possible for you, during the course of the divorce process. to apply to the Court for an order, which incorporates the terms you have agreed and is then legally binding, leaving you both free to get on with your life. This is neither particularly difficult or expensive, but it's important for you to understand that you have to give the Court basic details about your finances, and the Court must be satisfied the agreement is fair to you both before the judge will sign it off.

Mike 100468

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11