A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Need some urgent advice please

  • braindearth
  • braindearth's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
14 Jan 08 #10624 by braindearth
Topic started by braindearth
We are still living in the same house with our 4 year old son while we wait for my wife and him to move out.

She wants to bring her bf (who she has known for 1 month) over for the weekend as i have to go on a business trip. We had an agreement that she would not do this while we are in the same house.

Mainly I do not think it is good for our son at a time when we are trying to maintain some stability for him.

Am i being over sensitive by objecting to this? What can I possibly do about it

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
14 Jan 08 #10626 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
Hi, I don't think you are being over sensitive at all. I think your wife needs to face up to the fact that she is a mother to a 4 year old boy. If her relationship with this man is going to be long term then he should respect the fact that it is your house and that your 4 year old is not capable of understanding all this.

You can object to your wife and you could even get your solicitor (if you have one) to write to her with your concerns but it is yet just another example of people losing responsiblity as to who should be a priority in their life.

What has that little boy done to deserve this, not saying the split is not for the best, don't get me wrong, I am a single mum to 5 young kids and asked their dad to leave. It is their actions after the decision that make my blood boil. My children come first every time.

Sorry I can't offer more concrete advise but you are definetely being over sensitive.

Regards, Sarah

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.