A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Finances, adult children in FMH & grandchild

  • tricia079
  • tricia079's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
18 Jan 08 #11114 by tricia079
Topic started by tricia079
Hi, I have found this site a great support over the past 7 months and now need to ask advice. I won't bore you with too much detail!
My xtb after 30 years of marriage and 4 children is co-hab with woman same age as out daughter. He tells me he is renting a room BUT they and her son have gone on holiday together, shop together and enjoy family outing with her six year old son. He also bragged to my brother-in-law about his sex life and has her naked photos on his phone (20yr old son not happy prob 'cos parents shouldn't do that) All happened after our grandchild born drug dependant 10 mths ago. Now grandkids being removed. 6 yr old to live with me 10 mth old to live with her paternal family.xtb has filed for divorce. Fictional grounds except I did cut up some of his clothes! he has also put costs against me. I have accepted divorce but rejected costs and am awaiting hearing. Have agreed financial split three times then he changes his mind. First hearing in April. He refuses to pay for anything other than half mortgage. Won't pay insurances or endowment.Youngest son should have gone to uni last Oct but couldn't due to my financial probs. I earn good salary but large house, mortgage etc My questions
Do I need to prove he co-habs? Will it make a difference? I want to provide a home for my 2 sons living with me but both over 18 will that make a difference? What about grandson? If he won't provide for him should he have access - what worries me is that he obviously has more money so can spoil grandson whereas I am very stretched financially and need to continue to work fulltime to pay all costs inc childcare. No support for special guardians when family other than family allowance. Can anyone advise me please?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.