A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How do i get money now and get him out

  • twinks
  • twinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Jan 08 #11550 by twinks
Topic started by twinks
Heck what a great title. About to file for divorce, i am concerned about his reaction. His behaviour id getting more agressive (he has never done anything, just mental torture, nasty words and shouting) but he is now doing this in fron of the kids, and i wont have that. SO I am scared what the explosion will be like when i file.

I dont want the kids there, but I also dont want to be there alone with him. As he is saying he will stop paying for us, he will think that he has nothing to lose.

The house, mortgage, deeds etc are in my name, so can i ask him to leave asap as I am afraid of what he would do.

Secondly, although the house is in my name, he pays the mortgage and bills, so when he leaves, i wont have any money. Both kids are special needs so i have their DLA as their career. Can he be made to pay an amount to keep them fed and pay bills etc. He has over £120k of personal debts, so dont care that he has already lossing the kids future.

This is all getting too much for me

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Jan 08 #11563 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
If you fear him. Get a non molestation order and occupation order.

Start the divorce proceedings and with that apply for interim periodic maintenanace payments.

If possible try mediation to sortout finances.

He can say what he likes but if his behaviour is unreasonable, get a restricted contact order if it affects the kids.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.