A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

he is Ignoring all paperwork from solicitors

  • bellister
  • bellister's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
23 Jan 08 #11649 by bellister
Topic started by bellister
hi again,

Just been to see solicitors today, informed he is not replying to any letters including petition.
Seems he has decided to ignore everyone has not even gone to his solicitor since first time. Even his solicitor has not replied and my solicitor says he probaly has received no instruction to do so.
So my question is if he ignores everything what can i do, so far my solicitor has issed form E and applied to court for them to force his form E, but agin what if he ignores court ?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Jan 08 #11657 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
The court will probably give him a lot of rope but ultimately he can be ordered to turn up, fill in form E etc, have a penal notice attached and be arrested.

  • gobsmacked
  • gobsmacked's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Jan 08 #11663 by gobsmacked
Reply from gobsmacked
And being ordered to fill in form E and ordered to turn upto court,file this document that document within a certain time all with penal notices attached makes not one jot of a difference.
No one ever gets arrested, no one ever keeps to court times and no one ever does anything that you should do according to protocal in divorce law!
The laws are there to be broken at every step of the way and the only people to benefit are the lawyers, who rub their hands with glee at another pound sign Kerchingy all the way to their pockets!

As for penal notices' being issued by Judges what a complete joke! Do they enforce them if within the 7 days the person doesnt comply to their order??????/ hahahahah Do you know what you have to do to enforce it? hahahah pay ANOTHER £80 TO GET A JUDGE TO LOOK AT IT AGAIN, and issue a warrant for his/her arrest and brought before the courts to answer why they havent!
Do the police have time to bring these folks to court? hahahha yep sure they do, thats whilst they are running round sorting feral kids out on the street who like setting fire to peoples homes, and all because they are from "broken families" and bored!
If the police finally have time to sort the warrants out, mmmm maybe another six months has passed before they get to find the person! How many times do you want a cop to go to the house only to find the person in question is not in!
Get real folks, this is GREAT BRITAIN today!:blink:its a mad mad world we live in!

  • Mush
  • Mush's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Jan 08 #11714 by Mush
Reply from Mush
I echo what you say GS all i can say is that the back bone we are so proud of in this country has left, it was thrown away by our law makers who bark but rarely bite... ;)

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Jan 08 #11804 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
The backbone of British Society was broken only when:-

Those fine body of Men from the AA stopped saluting their customers - I wonder how many now forget that

So thereuth liath the lesson

  • miriam
  • miriam's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Jan 08 #11813 by miriam
Reply from miriam
hi i know what u rfeeling now i had he same prblem wit my s2bex ,he received the first aos in aug 2007 so he didnt do nothing
so my solicitor instruted the court bailif to go to him so after6 months now the bailiffs finally got him 2 weeks ago
so now its just waiting . so plz be paticent u will get their good luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.