A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

her entitlement

  • JOEB
  • JOEB's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Jan 08 #12071 by JOEB
Topic started by JOEB
can anyone tell me what my wife would be entitiled to, I have only been married for 6 months, before that we had been living together for about 5 years, my main concern is will she be entitled to half of my property which I have had for about 13 years,her name has not been added to the mortgage and I have always paid the bills,this is my second marraige and my first wife let me keep the house as I agreed that i would keep our 2 kids who still live with me,my new wife is also months pregnant.

where do I stand

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jan 08 #12077 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
You don't actually say that either of you are seeking a divorce

Is your question just based on what if?

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Jan 08 #12130 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Hi joeb. For a start you cant get divorced for a year. That why you are here right? U do want a div? Because this is a short marriage I doubt very much that she would get a share of your property. For short marriages you tend to get back what you put in. This is where prenups would be very handy if they were law. Chris.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.