A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

To Give Details or not...

  • Linnie
  • Linnie's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Feb 08 #12568 by Linnie
Topic started by Linnie

This is my first post so I hope to cover everything.. forgive me if I do not. Also I have checked the rest of the forum and nothing seems to answer my specific questions.

Anyway here goes..

I have recently applied for a divorce after being separated from my husband for over 5 years. I decided to do it DIY as the circs seem quite straight forward.. ie marital home sold in 2002 (with profits equally split) since which we have lived separate and our daughter is now over 18 years old. Both my ex and myself now own homes we now share with new partners.

However, my ex has went to a solicitor as he has came into some money. The sol has requested a Clean Break Order and has sent me form D81 Statement of Information for a Consent Order requesting an informal exchange of financial disclosure.

As I wish to keep the costs down, can I fill this form in myself stating that I do not now or ever wish to claim against my ex's assets or pension?

Or alternatively do I have to fill this form in at all as I feel I shouldnt have to give my financial situation to his sols to protect what is ultimately his assets?

I hope you can help!!

  • Ladybird22
  • Ladybird22's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Feb 08 #12575 by Ladybird22
Reply from Ladybird22
Hi Linnie, I'm afraid I won't be much help to you but just to let you know I am about to get into the same situation. Living apart for 5 years and now he wants his half of the house (quietly, without solicitors) so I will be very interested in your replies.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11