A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Need to file today as its hit the fan, scared

  • twinks
  • twinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Feb 08 #12797 by twinks
Topic started by twinks
Hd wanted things in order before i had to file, but after an arguement last night with hubs, i need to file today. Have all the paperwork, but had a total mentalblock. Have the statement of arrangements for kids and D8 form, is that enough for me to take to the courts today to file?

Also he made some serious threats last night including that he would burn the house down, as he hasnt paid the house an contents insurance I am terrified that he would. Even if it was anger we have 2 kids with special needs and i cant have then hearing these threats. I realised that I dont know him at all, he is serious debt bout to do an IVA and feels he has nothing to loose. The house is in my name as well. He had been telling the kids that mummy doesnt love them, that i will put them both in care etc, all lies, i dont know what to do.

I will need to aply for AR, but cant even focus on that form yet

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Feb 08 #12801 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Twinks. I am not sure if you got all you need. Ring your local court and ask them.

What a nasty peice of work your ex is. Be strong you will be OK. Best ones Chris

  • ariesgirl63
  • ariesgirl63's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Feb 08 #12809 by ariesgirl63
Reply from ariesgirl63
Twinks, you need to take the following to court

Signed petition x 3 - D8(1)
Signed Statement of Arrangements x 3 - D8(a)
Marriage Certificate

  • ariesgirl63
  • ariesgirl63's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Feb 08 #12810 by ariesgirl63
Reply from ariesgirl63
BTW, Marriage certificate needs to be the original and not a photocopy.

Best wishes

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.