A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • floswift
  • floswift's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Feb 08 #13806 by floswift
Topic started by floswift
Hi am new to this forum - I have found it whilst trying to research some answers to my questions .
Together for 10 years , married for 7 1/2 and he moved out over bonfire weekend saying he wants a divorce - we have no kids although he has two from his first marriage ( walked out on her TOO after ten years and left her with two young boys - I should have seen the signs ).
We are now trying to sort out the finaces over the house what a nightmare - looks as though I will have to sell to pay him what he wants - anyone had a " mesher " agreemant //

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 Feb 08 #13999 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Hello and welcome to the site
couple of ques has the divorce started if so how far, sorting fianances does not begin until a nisi is issued, as for meshers they are common and usefull when there are yough children they alow both partys to maitain an interest in the family marital home with a % each of the gross value if you would like more advice post FMH value outstanding morgage who will be the main carer for the children (will they still have overnight stays with you) and others with more knowledge and expirence will answer you can also read the step by step wiki giude to divorce that will also help bye for now, dukey

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.