A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

denies adultry on his rely to petition

  • bellister
  • bellister's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Feb 08 #14051 by bellister
Topic started by bellister
Just received letter from my solicitor with a copy of husbands reply to court prtition. no surprises here as he denies adultry. my solicitor has his lovers address, name, dates when he visited the country she lives in. He does not deny the affair to me face to face, in fact brags about it, its still on going if he could leave to go to the country she lves in. but he wont go yet until he receives his share of assets. So he has told me he is only denying adutry so he does not have to pay my court costs, however he is not defending the divorce. I dont quite understand how on his reply he can deny the adultry and then state on the same document not defending divorce . what does this mean?
ANy help received with thanks

  • unic
  • unic's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Feb 08 #14052 by unic
Reply from unic
He is happy to get a divorce but does not admit adultery.
Court costs are relatively small. I would not get wound up about this - I certainly wouldnt waste any time trying to "prove" it. Waste of your time, money and emotional energy

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Feb 08 #14078 by topaz
Reply from topaz
my x didnt agree to what petition said but agreed to the divorce going ahead.court costs,I paid my half of the court fee as he refused to pay mine.my half was £170,so I just paid it.

  • SummerSun
  • SummerSun's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Feb 08 #14083 by SummerSun
Reply from SummerSun
I agree with the previous posts. Unless it is admitted via the court Adultry is difficult and expensive to prove. I'd pay the court fees and use Unreasonable Behaviour. Do you have agreement on the financial settlement?

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Feb 08 #14104 by gone1
Reply from gone1
You can deny the charges against you but accept the divorce. Thats what I did. My UB reasons were made up. I wrote them for her. So I denied the charges but accpted the divorce. Job done. If he has returned the service and has not ticked the box to defend then thats that. You will be granted your divorce. You dont have to name the other party in adultary but if you do they will be serviced. Chris

  • bellister
  • bellister's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Feb 08 #14155 by bellister
Reply from bellister
He wont agree , settlement, all he wants is money, ie sell the house he wants half, however he has other assets in his name which he thinks does not have to half, thats why i am using solicitor

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.