A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I want a divorce but i do not have any idea where

  • lucy040478
  • lucy040478's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Feb 08 #14056 by lucy040478
Topic started by lucy040478
Just wondering if any one would be able to give me some advice.

I have now been seperated from my ex for almost 3 years and have not seen him for 2 and a half years. We have lost touch completely and i have no clue where he is living. Last i heard from a family member of his he was staying in the YMCA.

I am noe settled with a new partner and have been for 2 years now and feel its time to try and get divorced but as i do not have much money and have no clue to where he may be is it worth even thinking about yet or waiting for another 2 years.

Does anyone have any info???

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Feb 08 #14067 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
If he's not on an electoral roll 192.com may not help

Petition would have to be served so you need an address -There is a proceedure for applying for an order for substituted service but you must satisfy the Court an advert or some other service will reach his attention.

If you find him you could proceed on s 1 (2) d -2 years separation WITH his consent

or his unreasonable behaviour

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.