A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

how do i get a contact order?

  • jade01
  • jade01's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Feb 08 #14549 by jade01
Topic started by jade01
ive been advised on here to get a contact order as soon as possible, i have no clue how to do this


my own solicitor seems to want me to go through all this mediation, even knowing the snake that my ex husband is - i do not want to allow him more time to burn me and i suspect as usual that is what he is up to every day all day

please help if u can i will not lose my son that is not an option

  • hostee
  • hostee's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Feb 08 #14551 by hostee
Reply from hostee
A court order can be applied for through the solicitors, its not always cheap and in my case he went for shared residency and the courts like to give equal parental status even if as in my case they only get 1 night a week, its still considered shared... i got dragged through court welfare the children were interviewed as well it was hideous.. my stbx is gay, works abroad half of every month and has been physically abusive to 1 of my children yet denies it... i was told unless my X threatened to take the children away or refuse to give them back after visits, the only thing that would mean the police could intervene would be a court order for the children. Get one .. I have now and then the rules are the rules....

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Mar 08 #16818 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Court is never a good place to resolve child related issues because it can leave one party feeling resentful and resistant thus fueling a cycle of provocation and retaliation which is so detrimental to children's emotional well being. Mediation is a much better way forward and always worth a shot in the first instance.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.