A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 08 #14701 by Angel557
Topic started by Angel557
After being in that court for over 4 hours on weds , things are strating to come back to me, 1 thing that has me baffled me, him , my counsel were in front of the judge talking about negoitiating when ex said he wanted his g/f present ? which i refused anyhow the judge allowed him to consult his g/f before me and him wnet into a side room but my counsel also discused it in front of her with me in another room, if she is part of all this should'nt her finances have been on the table aswell to get the full picture before she suggests me and the kids are worth £20 per week.

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 08 #14713 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Yes of course. You solicitor should be asking for a full and frank disclosure of the state of his finances. And that of course includes hers as he is living with her. By living with her it lessons his outgoings and making him have more disposable cash. Its much cheaper to live with someone than on your own. Ask me how I know. Ask for full disclosure angel. Its the only way. Chris

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
22 Feb 08 #14803 by Elle
Reply from Elle
Having been instructed by court for full and formal disclosure in 2001, there are still 2 assets undisclosed. I have asked 6 times in writing and gawd knows how many verbally when self reppin.....and not even an acknowledgement.....when represented...the sols said to ignore....I am frustrated....why have laws and obligations if not enforceable.....am i being pig headed in expecting disclosure....if not .....any suggestions how I can get them ....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.