A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Affadavit from Husband re Interim Maintenance

  • Emalou33
  • Emalou33's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Feb 08 #15202 by Emalou33
Topic started by Emalou33

received my husband's affadavit today for the Interim Maintenance Hearing, he is going to argue that he cannot afford anymore payments into the house and has said that he is having our Daughter 2 nights a week and once a weekend, those of you that have read my notes before will know that I have tried very hard to get my x2b to contact my daughter and in the last few weeks he has seen her only
three times in the last three weeks. He has rearranged the facts of history and has today said that he has had his car allowance removed from him, as they are providing him with a company car, the thing is he is still claiming 300/month for fuel and as I understand it they would not provide a car to be used with private fuel, so I do not know what the judge will make of that. His solicitor is now advising him that the split on our property should be 50/50, despite us having a ten year old daughter and my husband earning 55K to my 31K. My solicitor is saying that as the equity is only about 35K after debts are discharged that I may be awarded the entire house and because we are both receiving very different advice we are just at loggerheads and so far apart that I cannot see a resolution being reached, I have urged my x2b to seek alternative legal advice in the hope that he will see someone with a more specialist knowledge. His current solicitor is a ciminal specialist.

Our affadavits are very different and he has blamed even his own credit card debt on me, despite me never having had a pin or additional card on this account. My x2b is a postgraduate MBA from Birmingham and is acting as though he could not control his own finances and that I have ruined him.

Does anyone have any advice - I have to face him on Friday and the stress is getting to me so very much, I have had an awful evening, I feel like I have had enough of it all.


  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Feb 08 #15226 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
he sounds just like my x2b esp with regard to chldren
We have not resolved finances and quite frankly I cant see it beng sorted even after fh next month
I dont know how to handle things myself, but have come thus far and intent on completing this arduos course ive started
Dont give up have faith in the system
love looby x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.