A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Affidavit with directions for trial query

  • twinks
  • twinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Feb 08 #15345 by twinks
Topic started by twinks
Went to the court with the directions for trial and the affridavit, but she said that as well as D10 his signed copy of Acknowledgement of service, that I needed the statement of arrangements signed by him but I dont have that.

Then in the guide it says that the D10 can be all you need, want to take them back in today HELP.

  • ariesgirl63
  • ariesgirl63's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
29 Feb 08 #15399 by ariesgirl63
Reply from ariesgirl63
Hi Twinks,

I took my application for directions in on 12th Feb complete with D10. I too didn't have a copy of the statement of arrangements but was told by Court clerk that I did not need it. That is because on the D10, signed by husband, he is asked whether he has received a copy of the Statement of Arrangements and whether he agrees with it. If he has answered these questions then you definitely don't need the SoA as well. I have now received my hearing date for Decree Nisi so the Judge was obviously satisfied with then paperwork!!
Check the D10 and if your husband has answered these questions you should be able to go straigt back to court and lodge your application and swear your affidavit. Sorry its a bit late in the day and the Court has probably closed now!! Best wishes Aries xx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.