A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

bit of a piccle

  • gazza3166
  • gazza3166's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Jul 07 #1662 by gazza3166
Topic started by gazza3166
me and the partner are splitting up not married but lived together for 18 yrs have two girls one aged 18 and one aged 12
we own the house but she never worked a day(of course housework and the girls) in her life so has no income
now she is leaving the house but the girls want to stay with me but she wants me to finance her to get a flat for her and her son who is aged 24 by the way he lives with a partner with a child who is his but there relationship isnt so good
now the reason for her leaving is that i wouldnt let her son move back into our home reason being he is a very disruptive person ,and i do not see why anyone should give up there room for him and disrupt there life for him also i had a heart attack about two months ago followed by a emergencie triple bypass .
now i need to know can she make me sell the house and do i have to finance her for a flat
all help and comments would be appreciated

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Jul 07 #1664 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Aug 07 #1675 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Try the CAB adviceguide and in particular the section headed ' Ending a relationship when you're living together '.

If the property is in joint names I agree with Fiona. It would be false economy for you not to take proper legal advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.