A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Now hes put a Homes right notice on the house

  • twinks
  • twinks's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
19 Mar 08 #17198 by twinks
Topic started by twinks
Mortgage and deeds in my nme. He is not paying penny for anything since he went, now I get this letter from the land registry today saying that he has put homes right notice on the FMH. Does having his 2 kids out on the street really make him happy? Does it mean that he should at least pay 1/2 mortgage? I wont sell the house and give him 1/2 He has already remortgaged this house 4 times and removed £115k from it, so surely I can argue that he has had his share already.

Also a question, we legally seperated a few years ago, all signed at sol. It said that he gives house to me and wont go after it (have no idea where the papers are, so not sure of wording) should I contact that sol and get a copy and see if I can use that. But then could he use that to stop me getting money, he does everything for his own financial gain, I have no idea what to do. Son is 9 nd SD and he wrote a letter to me saying that he doesnt want to see daddy and why is daddy being so nasty. Feel like sending him a copy but dont want that used against me.

  • juttabeck
  • juttabeck's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
19 Mar 08 #17199 by juttabeck
Reply from juttabeck
We have had a similar notice put on my partner's home recently, even though he doesn't live there. Because the finances aren't settled, he has always paid the mortgage and insurance, and has never suggested that he wouldn't, nor has he ever suggested that she should pay anything.

He has never put it up for sale, nor suggested that he would try to sell it out from under her, but she puts this notice on it anyway, over 18 months after they separated..... the mind boggles at the reasoning these people come to sometimes.

Ignore it, unless you can't. Apparently all it means is that it is harder to sell, I mean would you buy a house where the people living there were going to be difficult about moving out??

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.