A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Will I need my marriage certificate again??

  • suzy_sue46
  • suzy_sue46's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Mar 08 #17350 by suzy_sue46
Topic started by suzy_sue46
Chuffing judges, Decree Nisi has been rejected because the judge believed the marriage cert I provided was a photocopy, er nope just a slightly damaged original. Anyway the upshot is I need to swear the affidavit and apply for special procedures again and supply an "original" marriage cert.

I only have one copy left and I`m aware it gets replaced by my absolute at then end of all this, however I only have a certified copy of an entry of marriage (which is all we were given) it`s original and was completed by the registrar on the day and we all signed it, will it be sufficient? And will I need to have a copy for any future uses?

thanks guys

Sue x

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Mar 08 #17420 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
It should be possible to get a certified copy for a small fee from the Superintendent Registrar of Marriage for the district where the wedding took place, or from the General Register Office.

Mike 100468

  • mike62
  • mike62's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Mar 08 #17421 by mike62
Reply from mike62
I ordered my own one online, took less than four days to get to me. However, STBX had got there first, so wasted a few more quid! Ho hum.

  • Jordan.s
  • Jordan.s's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Apr 10 #196802 by Jordan.s
Reply from Jordan.s
I think that may not this time but anywhere else you need to submitt it then what will you do, so try to have it and keep it safe for ever. Its important..

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.