A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What Happens If.......

  • scottishlady
  • scottishlady's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Sep 07 #2874 by scottishlady
Topic started by scottishlady

I am just sitting here wondering what would happen if... when the court sends the divorce papers to my x2b... a) he isn't still at the address that I gave to the solicitor (he may have moved)... or b) he just ignores the paperwork...
The last time I spoke with my solicitor she said that she had filed the petition at court over two weeks ago now, and she said that he should receive 'word' from the court within a week or two... but when he called on Saturday I asked him whether he had received the papers from the court, and he said "no"
I'm just wondering what the procedure would be if one of the above were the case.... (as my sol has gone on hols so can't ask her)

Many Thanks for any comments

  • shazza32
  • shazza32's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Sep 07 #2877 by shazza32
Reply from shazza32
hi scottishlady..my ex said exactly the same thing,he never recieved the papers,he lied,if he does not reply 2 the petition in the right time and just leaves it your soli will then contact the court and the court will send out the court baliffs to your ex and hand him the petition by hand directly to him,then he got no excuse. I did this with my ex 3 yrs ago,but they could never actually get hold of him,he was ducking and divingand living here and there.My case now i have amended the petition he did not like what i put on it so would not sign,i thought i waited long enough changed the petition to a 2 yr separation,and blow me down they got signed last week,the day after i attended mediation, can i say scottishlady they will find and he will have 2 sign. goodluck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11