A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Other proceedings with the court

  • peerie1967
  • peerie1967's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Mar 12 #320219 by peerie1967
Topic started by peerie1967
I want a divorce and after further discussions with my wife she has agreed based on 2 years apart, however, I have recently found out that she filed other proceedings against me for divorce some years ago that are still with the courts. What is my next step?

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Mar 12 #320233 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
If she started other proceedings then this does not stop you from issuing your own Petition, provided that you disclose, on the face of your petition, the details of the previous proceedings.

What stage were they at? If she issued a Petition ut it was not ever served on you, then she cn simply apply to withdraw the petition and idsmiss the proceedings

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.