A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • koenisegg1@gmail.com
  • koenisegg1@gmail.com's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Apr 12 #323602 by koenisegg1@gmail.com
Topic started by koenisegg1@gmail.com
I got married in scotland in 2006, my wife and I separated in 2007. we have had no contact since we separated but I have heard that she has divorced me. #how do I find out for sure?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Apr 12 #323608 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Do you have any idea where she may have divorced? In England or Wales the you can apply to the Principle Registry of the Family Division in London for a Decree Absolute search . Alternatively the General Register Office for Scotland can check the divorce register. There is a fee involved in both cases.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11