A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Decree Nisi

  • Phoenix1963
  • Phoenix1963's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Apr 12 #323970 by Phoenix1963
Topic started by Phoenix1963
Hi Folks,

Have to submit my application for a Decree Nisi.

My question is:- Does the affadavit accompanying the form have to be a lengthy statement? I was envisaging just some salient points as to why I petitioned and giving four or five specific examples.

Any pointers gratefully welcome.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 Apr 12 #323987 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Hi Phoenix,

I think i just wrote the marriage has broken down irretrievably - but the forms have changed since I submitted mine - anyone else suggest anything?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11