A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • PhoebeBlue
  • PhoebeBlue's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
25 May 12 #333007 by PhoebeBlue
Topic started by PhoebeBlue
I petitioned my husband at the end of March for unreasonable behaviour. He has not returned the Petition as he wants me not to seek costs ... if I don''t, his solicitor has threatened to cross-petition me! I have decided not to relinquish my request and my solicitor has sent him a letter to say if he doesn''t return the court petition by June 1st we will file ''deemed service''. What is likely to happen ... I''m not sure I quite understand

  • epitome title
  • epitome title's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 May 12 #333037 by epitome title
Reply from epitome title

It means that because he must have seen the documentation to be saying he wants you to not seek costs against him, therefore he has received the paperwork and your solicitor can proceed as if he had acknowledged receipt of it and request Directions from the district judge ie apply to the court for a first appointment hearing

Kind regards

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.