A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

thinking about divorce

  • ima
  • ima's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 May 12 #333474 by ima
Topic started by ima
i''m from morocco and i get married to a british citizen in februry 2010 and i came to the uk in a 2 years spouse visa in februry 2011 ,i had my baby in december 2011,in the begining things was good but now our relationship doesn''t look good at all and we started already to think about divorce,my quetions are;if we get divorce will he take my daughter from me? do i have right to stay here with my daughter without the permanent visa?can i take my daughter with me to morocco if i couldn''t stay here? i would like to know some informations about that, i really need some answers so please if u have any advice i would like to hear it ..thank you

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 May 12 #333821 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
In family law terms, if you''ve been looking after your daughter and she''s doing well, the Court won''t change it. Whether you can stay is all about immigration law and I don''t know anything much on that score.

  • ima
  • ima's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 May 12 #333909 by ima
Reply from ima
thank you for your replay ,i''m making things cool down for the moment but i''m still interested on getting more informations about my situation because i don''t trust my husband anymore

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.