A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Goldengirl21
  • Goldengirl21's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Jul 12 #342495 by Goldengirl21
Topic started by Goldengirl21
Hello everyone
I just registered here and was looking for a bit of information please, if anyone can help.
I entered into a debt arrangement scheme with my husband about 8 months ago and things are generally no better. I pay everything and we have been living apart during this time. I am at the stage i cannot keep going financially. i entered into it with him as i was told they might come after me as i was his wife so i did. he has earned any income during this time. i really have given it my best and have thought about this a lot.
if we were to separate/divorce, is it possible for my husband to register himself bankrupt and would this affect me also. I am aware this is a huge step but have been so miserable for the past few years i need to start thinking about myself and my children as i am their sole carer

any advice would be great, i do plan to call the company that i have the DAS with soon

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jul 12 #342537 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
You really need legal advice from a family solicitor. In Scotland there aren''t enough cases examining the relationship between sequestration and financial provision on divorce to provide much guidance. If your income is less than £25k you will be entitled to legal aid or there are law clinics at Edinburgh and Strathclyde Universities that may be able to help.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.