A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

non return of form

  • treacle123
  • treacle123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Sep 07 #3634 by treacle123
Topic started by treacle123
hi what happens if the corespondent doesnt return forms and baiiffs cant find them.

  • Louise11
  • Louise11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Sep 07 #3811 by Louise11
Reply from Louise11
Hi treacle

I cant believe no one has answered your post.

I dont honestly know, but if you look at the new divorce guide on here i'm sure it will give you your answer.

Kind ones

  • mrmr9090
  • mrmr9090's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Sep 07 #3819 by mrmr9090
Reply from mrmr9090
You may need to prove to the court that the address you have given the bailiff is the last address that you believed the respondent to have lived at. You may need to ask the court for clarification on the process regarding this. I am 100% certain (confirmed by a VERY expensive solicitor) that you can continue with the case without ever receving a response to the petition, and in that case it would go through on an undefended basis.

It may also be worth checking out www.192.com/ or even the online BT phone book. These can be really useful for tracing people and they are not going to bankrupt you with ridiculous fees.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.