A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

A little advice pls.

  • SaintsRock
  • SaintsRock's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 May 07 #467 by SaintsRock
Topic started by SaintsRock
First post so hello all.

My partner has been separated from her ex for longer than the five year requirement. She has lost all track of where the ex lives/works etc. Can we still go through the five year type divorce if we say we've know idea where he lives? Also we wouldn't want our address appearing on any documentation that might eventually get to him, would this be the case?

Should have added there are no kids/property/goods involved.

Many thanks for any tips.

Post edited by: SaintsRock, at: 2007/05/30 09:19<br><br>Post edited by: SaintsRock, at: 2007/05/30 12:31

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 May 07 #471 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
Yes you can still go ahead and petition for divorce. If you cannot track him down you request that the court balif serve the papers. If they cannot track him down you can still proceed, it just takes longer.

Keeping your address secret can be done - but also it can slip out if youre not careful.

The court needs an address to send notices to you - you can use a friends address.

Using a solicitor for communication with your husband will help. Fill out all court forms using friends address.

Inform the court that this is not your real address and tell them the reasons for not wishing to disclose it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.