I served divorce papers to my husband (who lives abroad) in May 2018, and was granted Decri Nisi in October 2018. We have spent a lot of money going back and forth to come to a financial settlement, but got no-where, as it was meeting with non-response on his side. First court hearing was last June (he did not attend) and instructed independent reports to value the FMH and pensions... Second hearing in December 2019 (he did attend), we eventually came to an agreement (with Barristers and Solicitors), but the courts had closed at the end of the day, so when the typed up agreement was circulated for signing the following week - he did not sign it. There has been no word from him or his solicitor for the past 5 months. The final court hearing is in 6 weeks' time and my solicitor has just had word that he is no longer being represented by his solicitor. In addition, I am highly doubtful that he will show up for court. My solicitor will attempt to contact him directly next week.
- What happens if there is no response from him at all?
- Can/will the judge make a ruling without him?
- If it goes ahead, will the judge base his decision on the previous agreement? (which is unfair, as it included £ maintenance payments etc, which have not been met, and are unlikely to be met)
- If it is adjourned (or not), then what about costs? We are only at these hearings because of his non-cooperation.
- If it doesn't go ahead, then what are the options? Surely this can't continue indefinitely?