A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Sectioned under MHA

  • Yamyam
  • Yamyam's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Apr 21 #516429 by Yamyam
Topic started by Yamyam

Hope everybody is keeping safe...
I have joined as I’m hoping to help my sister with her financial side ... she is Divorced but is currently sectioned under the mental health act... Not the 1st time and suspect it will not be the last...
She has asked I sort it out but I feel the solicitor is milking it a little.. I have a LPA but he says I require a FP9

Can anyone advise on how they have gone on with dealing with someone else’s divorce...

Thanks Yam x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11