A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Both filed at same time!

  • Josiejones
  • Josiejones's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Apr 21 #516556 by Josiejones
Topic started by Josiejones
Evening all, I filed my Ub petition by post a few days ago, representing myself (it said had to be by post because husband had solicitor). When I told him today, he gave his solicitor the green light to file his own petition online which I understand is processed a lot more quickly. I have googled but cannot find the answer. How will I respond when his petition turns up before mine? Do I have to pay more money to cross petition his petition? Or can I say my petition is on the way? Thank you (hopefully 🙂) For any advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11