A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Advice needed unpaid order

  • Topaz99
  • Topaz99's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Aug 22 #519792 by Topaz99
Topic started by Topaz99
I am hoping that someone can help me with some advice. My ex husband of 7 years decided to underpay me this month, I won't go into the details why.

I sent an e-mail with a deadline but it was ignored. I refuse to just roll over and accept this but I am battle weary!

As I see it I have two options, one being apply to the court with the enforcement form or apply to CMS. The CMS calculation is higher than the global order however, he is supposed to send me information on his company accounts as part of the order and he has not done this either. It seems quite stressful to go through court but relatively straight forward from the form point of view. Would this avenue mean I have to appear in court again?

Or do I just go down the CMS route? He is a high earner but has money tucked away everywhere and receives dividends, so he may try and hide things, but my understanding is if the CMS calculation was less than the global order that still applies? What happens if there is a dispute on the days the children stay with him?

One final thing, child maintenance is to be paid until they finish uni education but I think CMS is only until 18? How does that work does the global order just kick back in?

I have spent a fortune on legal fees over the years so ideally would like to avoid this route.

Thank you for any advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11