A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

non-molestation orders

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
05 Nov 07 #5901 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Blondie wrote:

This is going to sound daft but, is there any reason to oppose a non-molestation order?

My personal reasons to oppose; it's because it's fabricated lies,and mine comes with an 'Occupation Order', whereby my 2bx wants me out of our home.

However, if you're not living together, you were witnessed abusing him, and the Police may have cautioned you (?) Usually that's standard practice, but they really don't want to deal with Domestic problems.

Chris (Chris your twopence worth?) has an Order not to go to ex's home. When he bumped into them in Woolworths, they started making fuss, but his Order was not to go to house, (or wihtin a few metres?) ???

There's nothing to stop you going into town though.

  • Blondie
  • Blondie's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Nov 07 #5903 by Blondie
Reply from Blondie
We did once (although over 1 year ago), live together which is why I presume it will be non-mol.

The police did not arrest nor caution me although I suspect his solicitor will ask him today to press charges?

  • tiesys
  • tiesys's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
05 Nov 07 #5910 by tiesys
Reply from tiesys

For what it's worth; you need to be carefull about Non Mol orders. If you get one placed on you and you break it, the Police will arrest you and charge you.

See a solicitor and try to persuade the District Judge and you ex that you will agree to an undertaking (again, be carefull of the wording). The difference is that if you break the undertaking, it would be up to your ex to take you back before the Judge and then proove that you broke your word.

Unless you did somethig illegal, the Police would probably not want to get involved.

Hope that helps.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11