A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

when can you apply for a new mortgage

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Oct 07 #5389 by topaz
Topic started by topaz
I want to apply for a mortgage in my name only to buy out my sx2b so that I can keep marital home..at E form Exchange stage in couple of weeks.marital home in joint names, small mortgage also in both names on marital home.does anyone know how it is done and when, I know nothing about how to go about this.don't know if I can apply whilst name still on present mortgage.Any ideas!

  • OBEs 1 canoodly
  • OBEs 1 canoodly's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
27 Oct 07 #5390 by OBEs 1 canoodly
Reply from OBEs 1 canoodly
Hi yer

You must get your ex to take his name off the deeds if this is something you are agreeing to amicably.

Providing your income stands up as a single person you will then may be able to remortgage for the amount required to buy out your ex.

I can give you more help if you can give me more financial information i.e your wages, outstanding mortgage on property equity in property etc which I am happy for you to do in private message.


OBEs 1

  • herewegoagain
  • herewegoagain's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Oct 07 #5405 by herewegoagain
Reply from herewegoagain
I made an appointment with the lender, she was great, and far more helpful than the solicitor. She did all the paperwork ready for the other party to take his name off the mortgage. Sadly the Solicior lost the paperwork, so it took longer than expected. I changed the rate within seconds of the house being mine, it is interest only, and luckily small enough for me to pay back on 10k a year salary....I then found a job paying 5K more! Like I had won the lottery! Good luck!

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Oct 07 #5423 by topaz
Reply from topaz
thanks for the last 2 posts.

  • LittleNix
  • LittleNix's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Oct 07 #5437 by LittleNix
Reply from LittleNix
I am new to this (3 weeks since he left) but I am already seeing a financial advisor to see if I can take out bigger mort on my own to buy out STBX - solicitors can sort the legalities. I do begrudge giving him anything, so I want to offer him as little as possible with the promise that I will handle all the legal sides. I not sure if this is the correct legal way but I certainley haven't been advised any different.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.