A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Acknowledgement of Service???

  • scottishlady
  • scottishlady's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Oct 07 #5579 by scottishlady
Topic started by scottishlady
I hope this is going to make sense....
I filed for divorce 3 months ago... my STBX told me that he had returned the acknowledgement of service form to the court 2.5 months ago...
His last correspondence from his sol asked the question..."has your client filed for divorce?"... but the first correspondence from that same sol said "We have been consulted by Mr X regarding the divorce petition served upon him"....
I met with my sol today and she said that she had received nothing from the court re this 'acknowledgement of service'...
Is there any way I can find out if he has infact returned this form....

Thanks for any help

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Oct 07 #5587 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Yes. In a word. Ring the court. Well not just 1 is it. Give them a ring and ask them. Its that easy. Chris

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
31 Oct 07 #5592 by Sera
Reply from Sera
Can't sol ring the Court office for you???
Good luck, does he still think he's back for Xmas dinner?

  • soulmanuk
  • soulmanuk's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
31 Oct 07 #5598 by soulmanuk
Reply from soulmanuk
my stbx was served the divorce papers on 17th september she only sent it back to the court on the 25th october, she wanted a divorce but she is stalling at every opportunity, rung a debt advisory service to sort out the debts and they said she should be contributing why is she not? sol said ther cant do anything until divorce as started, how can somebody stall and not pay there debts and get away with it. mine as done it for a year and just thinks its a joke that the house is looking like it is going to be repossessed making me and the kids homeless.

  • scottishlady
  • scottishlady's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Oct 07 #5621 by scottishlady
Reply from scottishlady
Thankyou all for your replies.... I shall ring the court tomorrow....
Sera.... no, it seems that 'he is looking for somewhere else to spend christmas'... according to his sols letter - phew!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.