A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

how do i slow things down!!

  • desperate to avoid all th
  • desperate to avoid all th's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 Nov 07 #6197 by desperate to avoid all th
Reply from desperate to avoid all th
hi again sera.
i think you may be tarring me with the wrong brush here!
yes she has taken the girls with her and gone to stay with her mum, however i have offered and am more than willing to move out of here so she can come home with the girls i am concerned that this is causing needless upset for them.
i have sent numerous messages to her stating that the girls would be more settled here close to their friends and school than sharing a bedroom with their mum in nanas house. if it meant that my wife and kids were ok i would move out in a heartbeat and continue to pay the mortgage and bills indefinately. i dont care about my housing needs only that my wife and kids lives are not ruined because i screwed up!

  • Sera
  • Sera's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
09 Nov 07 #6199 by Sera
Reply from Sera
desperate to avoid all th wrote:

i think you may be tarring me with the wrong brush here!

:)I hope you don't think that. I am quoting you Police stats, and how abused women react. (meaning your wifes reactions may be from her past as a victim of abuse, and your outburst may have triggered her leaving).

Since you just posted that your therapist said the same as me, I hope you didn't shoot the messenger there also.

I think it's admirable if she as the PWC is allowed to live at the home she bought, for the sake of the kids, and admirable if you move out instead. (Your suggestion, not mine!) I wish you continued success.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.