A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

division of assets

  • TONYS11
  • TONYS11's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 Nov 07 #6736 by TONYS11
Topic started by TONYS11
hello again - i have been seperated from my x for 15 months pending a divorce after 2 years. I am in the fh with my two daughters who live with me 24/7 (age 17 and 14). My ex is cashing in an endownment for £10k. What percentage am I entitled to? Can anybody help

  • DownButNotOut
  • DownButNotOut's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Nov 07 #6892 by DownButNotOut
Reply from DownButNotOut
To make a claim on the assets held by your ex you need to apply to the court for ancillary relief.

Follow this link to find out how:


This will begin the legal process that will decide how much you should get of combined assets.
(they will not consider just the endowment, they will loook at everything including property, pensions etc)

The assets are divided according to contribution and need and other factors (length of marriage, who looks after the kids).

I think you are saying you were married only 2 years so the kids are yours (not your ex's).

It is impossible to say at the moment how much of the endowment you would get until you provide a lot more financial detail

(take a quick look at the input screen for the Divorce Calculator for an idea of all the things that have to be taken into account).

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.