A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

house payment

  • redcar123
  • redcar123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Nov 07 #6981 by redcar123
Topic started by redcar123
My husband and I bought a second property which is close to being paid off, now that we are getting a divorce he says he is not going to make any more payments. I asked him to sign a quick claim deal and I would make payments, he well not do that. Is there anything I can do. I have excellent credit and I don't want anything messing that up. That is what he would love to happen. Help!

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Nov 07 #6985 by gone1
Reply from gone1
Hiya Redcar. You should just be able to pay it. If its just a few payments then ring up the bank / building soc and get the bank, payment ref and sort code. If you have on-line banking you can just pay them on yr normal payment day. This is what I do to pay the worse half's mortgage. If its longer than a few months you can set up a DD. Anyone can pay a mortgage. They are not fussy. They take anyones money. You are right to protect the cred rating that you have. Its easy to lose and hard to earn. Chris

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.