A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

divorce and property

  • goldeneye
  • goldeneye's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Nov 07 #7896 by goldeneye
Topic started by goldeneye
have been separated for 3 years divorce through anytime. the ex wife's name is still on house even though she has not been living in it for the last 3 years, where do I stand legally if she wanted to move back into the house????

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Nov 07 #7914 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Theoretically there is nothing to stop her returning

You need to get finances sorted asap. Where has she been living rented or with another partner.

Does she have mortgagability?

  • goldeneye
  • goldeneye's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
29 Nov 07 #8104 by goldeneye
Reply from goldeneye
soz didnt know if my sent message got back to you!!

No she does not earn enough to take on house...

we agreed for me to pay £60 aweek for my two boys..
but also i buy anything the boys need clothes etc..
she has been fine til now as i have met a lovely women and she has moved in with me...

she said she was fine about her til she got broken into and asked me to fork out money to replace the items as she had no insurance..

now i have no extra money for her she has threatened me she will kick me and my partner out..

can she do this...??

many thanks soz if i went on a bit..


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.