A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I can't find it

  • Angel557
  • Angel557's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Nov 07 #8017 by Angel557
Topic started by Angel557
Today i have gone threw all my files of letter's court order's etc...The 1 thing i cannot find is my Decree Absolute.Where would i get another 1 from , sols or the court ? How long would i have to wait for another one, i hav'nt had to use it for anything so far but i just know now i can't find it i'm going to need it.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Nov 07 #8019 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Ask the court. I think you can get copies from the county court for a tenner.

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Nov 07 #8021 by topaz
Reply from topaz
not sure but I'd try phoning the court tomm and ask them first, they won't charge you for the call whereas a sol will. I phoned court re a query and they were ok about it.

  • Seren
  • Seren's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Nov 07 #8028 by Seren
Reply from Seren
Fiona is right, the court will give you a copy for a tenner.
You need application number or date of divorce.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11