A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

She's dating a millionaire

  • Martin99
  • Martin99's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Dec 07 #8267 by Martin99
Topic started by Martin99
My wife walked out on our 23 -year -marriage and went to live in a friend's house. I remain in the FMH. She wants a divorce and 50% of everything. If I allow this I will have to sell my home which I am reluctant to do. She has a new partner (whom she was seeing behind my back for over a year) who is also going through a divorce. Her partner is a very wealthy man (property-developing millionaire) and is obviously advising her. She is pretending to be all alone with a part-time income and has been allowed legal aid by a local solicitor. I have recently found out that he has also moved in to the same house as her. The friend whose house it is has even registered my wife and her new partner on the electoral role as living at this address. My question is; Surely she can no longer be eligible for legal aid as she is co-habiting and would this situation (if I can prove my facts to a court) make any difference in respect of ancillary relief ?

Many thanks


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.