Buying gifts for men is not nearly as complicated as it is for women. Follow these rules and you should have no problems.
1. When in doubt - buy him a cordless drill. As a man, you can never have too many cordless drills. No one knows why.
2. If you cannot afford a cordless drill, buy him anything with the word socket and wrench in it. Men love saying those words. "Hey Jim, can I borrow your socket wrench?" "OK. Bye-the-way, are you through with my 3/8-inch socket yet?" Again, no one knows why.
3. If you are really, really broke, buy him anything for his car. A £0.99 ice scraper, a small bottle of de-icer or something to hang from his rear view mirror. Men love gifts for their cars. No one knows why.
4: Do not buy men socks. Do not buy men ties. And never buy men bathrobes. If God had wanted men to wear bathrobes, he wouldn't have invented boxer shorts.
5: You can buy men new remote controls to replace the ones they have worn out. If you have a lot of money buy your man a big-screen TV with the little picture in the corner. Watch him go wild as he flips, and flips, and flips.
6. Do not buy a man any of those fancy liqueurs. If you do, it will sit in a cupboard for 23 years. Real men drink whiskey or beer.
7. Do not buy any man industrial-sized canisters of after shave or deodorant. We do not stink - We are earthy.
8. Buy men label makers. Almost as good as cordless drills. Within a couple of weeks there will be labels absolutely everywhere. "Socks. Shorts. Cups. Saucers. Door. Lock. Sink." You get the idea. No one knows why.
9. Never buy a man anything that says "some assembly required" on the box. It will ruin his Special Day and he will always have parts left over.
10. Good places to shop for men include Iron Works, B & Q, Home Base, focus, DIY Clearance Centres. It doesn't matter if he doesn't know what it is. A Auto, Must be something I need. Hey! Isn't this a starter for a '63 Ford Zephyr? Wow! Thanks.")
11. Men enjoy danger. That's why they never cook - but they will barbecue. Get him a monster barbecue with a 100-pound propane tank. Tell him the gas line leaks. "Oh the thrill! The challenge! Who wants a hamburger?"
12. Tickets to a Man U/Lions/Liver pool/Arsenal games are a smart gift. However, he will not appreciate tickets to "A Retrospective of 19th Century Quilts." Everyone knows why.
13 Men love chain saws. Never, ever, buy a man you love a chain saw. If you don't know why - please refer to Rule 8 and what happens when he gets a label maker.
14 It's hard to beat a really good wheelbarrow or an aluminum extension ladder. Never buy a real man a step ladder. It must be an extension ladder. No one knows why.
15 Rope. Men love rope. It takes us back to our cave man ape origins, or at least The Boy Scouts. Nothing says love like a hundred feet of 3/8" manila rope.( make sure you get rid of that 4 poster bed)No one knows why.