A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Financial Mediation

  • townie
  • townie's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Dec 07 #8740 by townie
Topic started by townie
My s2bX won't go to financial mediation(can't afford the fees), won't complete a financial statement for my solicitors.. what happens now?
He seems to think we can get divorced and he can bung me any money he sees fit.He is giving me some voluntary payments for the kids and the sale money from the house, but the rest has to be aggreed in court or by solicitors eh?Help?

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Dec 07 #8764 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
If he won't make a voluntary disclosure you will have to take him to court. The court will insist that he does it. Not a nice way to proceed, but he doesn't seem to be leaving you any choice.


  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Dec 07 #8782 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Sadie is right - the Court, at the end of the day, has the power to make him complete a statement of his means or take the consequences.

Mediation is not free, but in the majority of cases it works out cheaper than the alternative of going to Court. Can you perhaps persuade your x2b that the more you spend between you on lawyers, the less there is for you, and playing ducks and drakes and refusing to co-operate only complicates the process and indirectly benefits your lawyers.. If your hubby can't afford mediation, he won't be able to afford to go to Court either.

But of course, it takes two to make mediation work. If your hubby doesn't want to co-operate then you haven't much choice but to go to Court.

Mike 100468

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.